We work really hard to ensure that installation days run smoothly and provide little or no disruption to our clients. The survey will have allowed the design team to come up with the best solution.
The surveyor will spend time finding out which style of heaters you would like. They will also look at the following items so when the engineers arrive they are fully briefed and know what to expect:
- Loading and suitability of electrical circuits
- The compliance of the electrical installation with BS7671
- Construction of the walls the heaters are to be hung on. This allows advice to be given to the engineers on which fixings to use.
- The dimensions of the rooms
- The thermal insulation in place within the properties. We will look at glazing, additional insulation, loft insulation, number of external walls etc
- The logistics of getting the heaters into the property (they are very heavy)
Below is how a typical installation day would unfold:
- The engineers will arrive, we normally work in pairs as many of the heaters need 2 people to carry them safely.
- The engineers will have the heaters with them or they will be delivered the morning of the installation day. Don't worry we don't deliver the heaters when we are not on site.
- We will remove the existing heaters
- We will make any adjustments to the electrical supply/fused spurs
- The heaters will be fitted to the wall
- The heaters will be connected to the electrical supply
- Any necessary changes to the fuseboard will be made
- The heaters will be commissioned and tested
- The electrical circuits will be tested
- The work area will be tidied and left as found.
- The customer will be given a rundown on how to control the heaters and which apps are needed to control remotely.
If you have any questions or concerns about the installation day then please do get in touch on 020 8419 8345 or email Anthony@wandle-elec.co.uk